Janitor's Mistake Forces Evacuation

Source: Great American Environmental Division, May 2013

While working at a shopping center, an employee of a janitorial company inadvertently mixed ammonia and chlorine based cleaning products. The mixture resulted in a toxic cloud of ammonia chloride that caused respiratory distress in dozens of shoppers and a shut-down of the center for a period of time. The contractor was held responsible for the defense of the bodily injury claims. Additionally, numerous business interruption claims were filed by the tenants.

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *