Source: https://www.insurancejournal.com, February 4, 2019
Montana parents are demanding more information about high levels of asbestos found in a University of Montana building that housed a preschool.
The Missoulian reports that the university moved the preschool students to another building on Tuesday after test results found “unacceptable levels” of asbestos. The building, McGill Hall, was closed entirely on Thursday.
University officials say technicians believe the asbestos found in the preschool came through the air system as material in the building degraded over time.
Vice President for Administration and Finance Paul Lasiter said that the building may remain closed for months at a meeting on Thursday. Lasiter said ensuring safety and security is the university’s top priority.
A university spokeswoman says the school is working with experts to address the asbestos sources in the building.