Toxic PCBs linger in schools; EPA, lawmakers fail to act

Toxic PCBs linger in schools; EPA, lawmakers fail to act

Source: https://phys.org, October 16, 2019
By: Tammy Webber

At first, teachers at Sky Valley Education Center simply evacuated students and used fans to clear the air when the fluorescent lights caught fire or smoked with noxious fumes. When black oil dripped onto desks and floors, they caught leaks with a bucket and duct-taped oil-stained carpets.

Then came the tests that confirmed their suspicions about the light ballasts. Read more.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *